Skip to content
10 Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
- Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation and activates the lymphatic drainage system swollen areas; leading to a reduction of swelling.
- Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells repair faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly, and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration or angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasolidatation and increases the diameter of blood vessels.
- Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of enzymes, oxygen, and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or surgery.
- Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
- Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries.